Depending on the way that the worksheet was protected, you may be able to simply copy the worksheet contents to a new worksheet. Follow these steps:
- Create a new, blank worksheet. This can be in the current workbook or in a new workbook.
- Display the original worksheet that is protected. The first cell in the worksheet (A1) should be selected.
- Press Shift+Ctrl+End. Excel should select all the used cells in the worksheet. (If it doesn't, hold down the Shift key and press the arrow keys until you have selected all the worksheet cells.)
- Press Ctrl+C. This copies the selected cells to the Clipboard.
- Display the new, blank worksheet you created in step 1. Cell A1 should be selected.
- Press Ctrl+V. Excel pastes the contents of the Clipboard to the new worksheet.
The new worksheet can be changed in any way you need. If the old worksheet has links to other worksheets, you may need to copy those separately or establish those links manually. You will also need to adjust row heights and column widths, as necessary, to match the old worksheet.